Pentrex and Video Rails brings you the finest, most complete #1218 program ever produced!
See locomotive #1218 in over six months of service, including unique side-by-side runbys with N&W Class J #611 in Roanoke, Virginia. No effort was spared to bring you the most wonderful and unusual shots ever taken of engine #1218.
- Ride the cab and see beautiful aerial shots through the Bluegrass of Kentucky.
- Witness the rebuilding of locomotive #1218 in Birmingham, Alabama. Tour #1218 with the Chief Mechanic in charge of rebuilding
- See the double heading of engine #1218 and #611, plus the famed meeting of both engines at the NRHS National Convention in Roanoke.
- Watch the christening of #1218 by Chairman of the Board, Robert B. Claytor, the man responsible for her rebuilding.
- Plus vintage scenes of the A Class locomotives in actual coal service in the 1940s and 50s.
- Digitally remastered in 2018 for a superb experience
In Beautiful Color with Stereo Sound and Narration
Norfolk & Western 1218
The Norfolk & Western 1218 is a mammoth 2-6-6-4 steam locomotive that shakes the earth as it thunders down the rails. Experience one of the greatest locomotives that still operate today.
Travel to Virginia and witness the 1218 on various runs as it operates over its home rails. Included is the side-by-side running of the 1218 and the Norfolk & Western 611. Then follow the 1218 as it travels to St. Louis to participate in the 1990 National Railway Historical Society convention.
This DVD is loaded with superb steam action that will leave you breathless. Included are highlights from our "Best of 1987," "Best of 1989," "St. Louis Steam Celebration" and "Steam To St. Louis" shows.
Beautiful Color with Live Audio and Narration
Presented in Standard Definition 4x3 Format
Copyright 1991, 2014